Friday, July 3, 2009

DEEP WOUND

Seeing as how Victoria is starting to lose it's shit over the fact that Dinosaur Jr. is coming to town (in a few months mind you), I felt it necessary to take a step back. In this case, a step back is in reality a Delorean jump back to Westfield, MA. circa 1983, when a young Lou Barlow and J. Mascis were tearing shit up in their Boston hardcore band, DEEP WOUND.

Some people tend to give me a blank stare when I tell them that Barlow and Mascis were in one of the first Boston hardcore bands, and that J. Mascis was one of the first dudes to go full out on blast beats. Don't believe me? Hear it for yourself. This is the compilation which has EVERYTHING the band did in it's short 2 year lifespan, from the S/T 7" (which now sells for insane prices, I have a bootleg on blue vinyl) up to their cuts from Bands That Could Be God.



"I Conjure Thee Appear"


Ear Raid

WORSHIP

1 comment: